Calling all brunch lovers: THIS cheesecake French toast is the brunch recipe of your dreams. Let's be honest, French toast is already the best item on most brunch menus, and when you stuff it with cheesecake, there's simply no competition.
This recipe will make the BEST French toast you've ever eaten, including any at fancy restaurants! Here's how we will achieve that:
- Use thick bread slices so every bite is crispy on the outside but nicely soaked and soft and moist in the middle
- Stuff the toast with a generous amount of cheesecake filling to make it extra indulgent
- Add a bit more sugar to the batter than normal. This adds more flavor and caramelization to the French toast itself without needing to be drowned in maple syrup (the French toast I grew up eating in Pakistan never used maple syrup!)
- Sprinkle sugar onto the toast while frying them to give them an extra caramelized, crispy crust
- Serve the French toast with a fresh, homemade berry compote to complement the sweetness of the toast and the tartness of the cheesecake filling perfectly!
Here is a quick video walkthrough:
Now, without further ado, let's make these!
Other recipes of mine you might enjoy:
- Easy chocolate mousse cake
- Chocolate molten lava cookies
- Spicy chicken tikka sliders
- 4 ingredient yogurt parfait